Freddy Gray funeral Draws Thousands

freddy gray funeral

how to delete email addresses from iphone 6 buy viagra on ebay science essays in english it cv writing service prednisone for babies viagra nyquil professional business plan template word go to link creativity paper resume and java and and minneapolis how do i delete multiple unread emails on my iphone click here go here essay exam abstract research report go to link follow english essays for school go site thesis statement for a research paper example follow see go site see url kamagra viagra gel   Gray died after suffering severe spinal injuries while in the custody of six Baltimore police officers

Baltimore’s beloved attorney, Billy Murphy’s remarks about the officers drew a standing ovation at the funeral of Freddie Gray. Gray died April 19, days after his encounter with police. The 2,500-capacity New Shiloh Baptist church was filled with mourners, who stood in line for more than two hours to visit Gray’s casket before the service began.

“This is our moment to get at truth. This is our moment to get it right,” Murphy said.

During the funeral police delivered a news release stating they had received a “credible threat” that three violent gangs are now working together to take out law enforcment officers.

A small group of mourners started lining up about two hours ahead of Monday’s funeral. As they began filing into the church, the white casket with Gray’s body was opened, flanked by floral arrangements. A rope was placed in front of the casket to prevent people from getting too close. One person used a cellphone to take a photo of the body.

Erica Garner, 24, the daughter of Eric Garner, who died in New York police custody, attended Gray’s funeral. She said she came after seeing video of Gray’s arrest, which she said reminded her of her father’s shouts that he could not breathe when he was being arrested on a city street.

“It’s like there is no accountability, no justice,” she said. “It’s like we’re back in the `50s, back in the Martin Luther King days. When is our day to be free going to come?”

Gray’s death has prompted near-daily demonstrations. Gray was arrested one week before he died when officers chased him through a West Baltimore neighborhood and dragged him into a police van.

Police said Gray was arrested after he made eye contact with officers and ran away. Officers held him down, handcuffed him and loaded him into the van. While inside, he became irate and leg cuffs were put on him, police have said.

Gray asked for medical help several times, beginning before he was placed in the van. After a 30-minute ride that included three stops, paramedics were called.




Disable mouse on posts and pages plugin by