Everybody calls me The Church Lady: I work in and around the black church and while it has been both a rewarding and a fulfilling journey, operating in the black church has also been one of the most stressful and exhausting things that I have ever had to do in my life. Chile.
I know many of you are under the perception that working in church ministry would be heavenly, but honey, let me tell you, it is no joke. After 20 years of dealing with church folks, I decided it was best for me to journal my thoughts instead of knocking somebody out, thus, The Church Lady Blogs was birthed.
Since its inception a knock off site (and logo) is swirling around, that has both flattered and made me mad Chile.
All I can say is that the church lady must be doing something right to have people knocking her off, (LOL) but trust and believe, there is only one church lady so to get the real deal visit daily or at least weekly.
It is my goal to not only keep you abreast of what is going on in the African-American/Christian community but also to share “My Take” on various news articles surrounding hot issues swirling around the blogosphere. Now many may think that this blog will only be about the church, wrong!
The Church Lady Blogs strives to present stories that are happening in our community today whether we want to face and act on them or not; they are real!
Thus, this blog also allows Christians a platform to vent, to debate and to question some of the struggles that Christians face while striving to be a disciple living in a secular world and maintain relationships and fellowships in the institutional church which many, by the way, are falling apart before our very eyes. Point blank, being a Christian ain’t Easy today yall, let’s just keep it Real!
Now, when you see the Church Lady’s character(above) on the front page, note that is an article that I posted a ” My Take” on Something. I am warning you that these articles can sometimes get in a heated debate in the comments section, so if you like to debate make sure you read the articles depicting the Church Lady’s Character, then join in our conversation. For those of you that may want to see how hard we debate, check out our church chat section at the bottom of the site.
I am sure you are wondering why I chose the name, Church Lady? Well, I give all props to my friend Rickey Smiley for creating sister Bernice Jenkins. (see middle panel video). Sister Bernice’s character allows us to laugh to keep from crying sometimes!
I have learned over the years that most of us have a sister Bernice Jenkins in our church. Truth be told, people aren’t that unique at all, merely personality types.
Yes, people come in various colors, sizes, and different cultures, yet, all of our great minds can often be categorized in a particular type category. Now, who is the Bernice Jenkins in your Church? I bet you can name her right now (lol).
OK, here are a few ground rules you will need to follow to avoid being shut down from sending in comments. Now I realize that , we are all one in the body of Christ, and most of us have learned to live by two codes while dealing with church folks, You ain’t heard this from me but, and Now keep this to yourself!
That being said, if you are one of those persons who operate in the church by one of those two codes, I would suggest that before you post in the comment section, you think of a screen name that you would like to use while on the site and not your real name. After all the church lady is only going to share your comment with the entire world. Now don’t worry, chile, your email address will never be displayed on the site.
1. Profanity and defamation of anyone’s character will not be tolerated, and abuse of this rule will constitute immediate removal of all comments and site privileges. If something is a fact give us the facts in a way that we can verify the information. If something is your opinion, please state such in your comment before you give us the scoop. You may post your comment at the end of each post at the bottom of the page. If you have a hot tip please post that under the Send a tip heading located at the top of the website or in the comment section.
2. Don’t be going around asking all the employees of your church if they are the church lady, cause chances are they are? (after all, we are all just personality types yall).
3. Don’t be getting all mad if somebody is talking about your church or your PASTA! Then go off on a rampage by leaving nasty comments on thechurchladyblogs.com.
First, you getting all mad at me is not going to change the fact that I am going to continue to blog so you are just wasting your time telling me to go somewhere and get saved. If you don’t like what you read, leave your comment then just don’t visit The Church Lady site anymore! I’m still gonna love ya Chile!
FYI The best way to reach The Churchlady to promote your cd projects, books, events or request guest blogging and press release postings are via email at email@example.com. I will do my best to promote it on the blog a few times after that; I am going to ask you to advertise (just keeping it real y’all!).
1. you can now follow me on twitter, I promise as long as you are NOT the type of person who tweets 24/7, I will follow you back! and you can join my Facebook fan page too, Chile![fblike]
2. Posts are also categorized, so make sure you check out all the sections above. If you read an article on the blog that you feel would be of interest to others, don’t just like it on my Facebook page, share it please, it will help a sister to stay relevant out here today! Just look in the upper right-hand corner of the page and you can join my RSS feed or subscribe to get email updates of my postings at the bottom of the website.
Ok, I think I have done enough promoting me, let’s move on Chile and find out what’s REALLY going on in the world Today!!!
The Church Lady